January 2014 Update:
Street Scene are currently reviewing the location/type/condition of bins that are in place throughout the Borough.
When this is completed we will identify those bins that need to/can be moved, replaced, repaired etc. We will also take into account the servicing/emptying of the bins we provide.
We will not be installing any new bins until the review has been completed. Requests for new bins will be considered when the project has been completed.
- We aim to empty litter and dog waste bins at a frequency that prevents them from overflowing
- The servicing of in excess of 1000 litter/recycling and dog waste bins. 300 of which are the Councils new dual bins for the collection of litter/baged dog waste and recycling.
- Review the location of litter bins once a year
- The provision of litter or dog waste bins on private property
- Report any overflowing bins
- If the bin happens to be full, take your waste to the nearest alternative bin or take it home with you.
- Report any damaged or vandalised bins
- Report any businesses using public litter bins