- Set an example by not littering
- Keep a litter bag in your car
- Keep your garden/private land free of things that can blow into the street and become litter
- When you visit a park or a beach, remember to take home any left over waste
- Talk to your family and friends about recycling to reduce the amount of litter you throw away
- At home make sure rubbish bags are securely tied and lidded so that loose papers and other items can’t fall out and become litter in your road
- Make sure you close the lid of your refuse containers after depositing your rubbish in them. This will prevent refuse from spilling into the street
- Do not overfill refuse containers - exposed rubbish is likely to result in litter in the street.
Remember we are all responsible for keeping our town clean. Your behaviour does make a difference.