Most schools require pupils to wear a school uniform. The individual school prospectus sets out its policy on school uniform.
We no longer issue a Crisis Clothing Grant. This brings the Borough in line with most other Local Authorities who removed this grant some time ago.
If you are having difficulty with providing your child with a school uniform, please consider the following options:
- contact the school your child attends to discuss it with them
- purchase second hand items from school scheme (where applicable)
- check with Job Centre Plus or Citizens Advice Bureau that you are getting all that they are entitled to in terms of benefits
- consider purchasing items from main street supermarkets at reduced prices
- discussing with any professionals outside of school that you and your children may be involved with to see if they have any suggestions